Driving Licence"Sharing All Things Ghana"
Getting A Driving Licence In Ghana
No doubt when you arrive in Ghana you will at some point want to get a driving licence. There are a couple of options that you have:
- You can use your international driving licence permit (if you have one). In order for this to be vaild you must accompany it with your valid driving licence from whichever country you are from. This will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
- You can apply to get a Ghana driving licence from the DVLA here in Ghana.
If you decide to get a Ghana driving licence, you will need:
- The original and a photocopy of your driving licence.
- A letter from your employer or the person that you are dependent on in Ghana.
- A valid non citizenship card.
- A letter of authentication from your current issuing driving licence body.
In order to complete this process you will need to pay a fee at the DVLA office. You may also be asked to complete an eye sight test also. Once this is complete you will be issued with a tempory paper licence until your card licence is ready.
***PLEASE DO CHECK ON THE CURRENT LAWS YOURSELF AS THIS WEBSITE ONLY SERVES AS A GUIDE TO MAKE THINGS A LITTLE CLEARER***